Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, the most amazing mince pies ever from auntie marion. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook the most amazing mince pies ever from auntie marion using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion:
- Make ready 8 oz SF Flour
- Make ready 2 tsp Icing Sugar
- Get 2 pinch Sea Salt
- Take 2 oz Butter
- Take 2 oz Lard/Trex
- Prepare 3 tbsp Ice cold water
- Get 2 can Mincemeat
- Take 2 tbsp Brandy
- Get 1 Egg yolk beaten with two tsp of water
- Prepare 1 Egg yolk
- Make ready 2 tbsp Castor sugar
Instructions to make The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion:
- Rub the flour, sugar, salt & both fats together in a large bowl. You can use a food processor if you prefer.
- Add the water in dribbles & bring the pastry together with a flat knife.
- With your hands, make the pastry into a ball and wrap it in cling film. Put it in the fridge for half an hour to chill. Set the oven to gas mark 5/190C/375F.
- Divide pastry into three quarters & a quater. Roll out the bigger piece of pastry & line a 12 hole bun tin (remember to grease & dust with icing sugar). Roll to the thickness of a coin.
- Put the mincemeat into a jar & stir in the brandy. Mix well, put half a tablespoon into each pie.
- Roll out the remaining pastry, to the same thickness. Mix the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of water. Save the egg white.
- Brush the egg white round the edges of the pies and put on the pie lids, this will seal the pies.
- Brush the tops of the pies with the egg yolks & make a little slit in each one with a knife. Sprinkle eith Castor sugar & put in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, take out of the oven & transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar & enjoy!!!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food the most amazing mince pies ever from auntie marion recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com