Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, ham & potato casserole. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ham & Potato Casserole is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Ham & Potato Casserole is something which I have loved my entire life.
Find Deals on Ham In Can in Meats on Amazon. Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale & More Fillable Forms, Register and Subscribe Now! This ham tastes very much like the famous honey baked ham but costs much less, and there’s no need to fight the crowds at holiday time.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have ham & potato casserole using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham & Potato Casserole:
- Prepare 2 Cups Ham
- Prepare 3 Russet Potatoes
- Prepare 1 onion
- Make ready 1 Tomato
- Take 1/3 Cup Flour
- Get 5 Tbs Butter
- Make ready 2 Cups Milk
- Make ready 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- Take Garlic
- Make ready Black Pepper
- Prepare Seasoned Salt
- Take Onion Powder
- Take Garlic Powder
- Prepare Italian Seasonings
- Prepare Green Onion
- Make ready Bread Crumbs (Optional)
Find delicious ham recipes, as well as cooking tips and techniques, from Ina, Ree and more of your favorite Food Network chefs. Define ham. ham synonyms, ham pronunciation, ham translation, English dictionary definition of ham. Ham definition, a cut of meat from the heavy-muscled part of a hog’s rear quarter, between hip and hock, usually cured. Pot pie isn’t just for chicken.
Steps to make Ham & Potato Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Get your ingredients ready and keep them on standby. I chose to grate my potatoes. I recommend trying to do that when you’re about to begin to minimize the browning effect. (Be mindful of your knuckles).
- Get the onions, garlic, and potatoes in a hot pan with a little oil. Season them. You don’t have to cook it too long. You’re really trying to get the remaining liquid out of the potatoes. While you’re doing that, get the roux started with the flour and butter. It would be a good idea to warm your milk at this time as well.
- When the roux starts looking pretty, add in the milk while stirring. Season it and add a little more than half the cheese. Then add the ham in with the potatoes. It’s already cooked, you’re bringing it up to temp and letting your seasonings get on it. Add the tomatoes last to prevent overcooking. Turn it off
- Move the mix to a baking pan, add the roux evenly over the top. Add the remaining cheese on top. Bake 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned to your liking.
- Top with toasted bread crumbs and green onions. Allow to cool about ten minutes to set up a bit. (Unlike I did, haha).
This recipe using leftover ham has all of the familiar pot pie ingredients and flavors but takes full advantage of that extra ham from the holidays. A mixture of vegetables, including carrots, are combined with the ham and a white sauce and baked in a puff pastry until golden brown. Serve with a honey mustard sauce or any variety of chutneys. Baked ham is the perfect dish for a special occasion or Sunday dinner. Try these exceptional baked ham recipes from Food Network chefs like Ina Garten, Trisha Yearwood and Melissa d’Arabian.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food ham & potato casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com