Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, daikon & carrot namasu. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Daikon (大根, literally “big root”) or Daikon Radish is a widely used root vegetable in Japanese A type of winter vegetable, daikon is characterized by its long white root and green leaves on top. Dashing Daikon Botanical name: Raphanus sativus var. Daikon radish is popularly used in Asian and Indian cooking and known for its potent medicinal properties.
Daikon & Carrot Namasu is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Daikon & Carrot Namasu is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook daikon & carrot namasu using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Daikon & Carrot Namasu:
- Make ready 10-15 cm Daikon
- Get 1-2 Carrot
- Take 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Get 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- Prepare 1 tablespoon Sugar
Daikon is available in grocery stores year-round. A long white crunchy vegetable from the radish family, daikon is similar in appearance to fresh horseradish but packs a lighter peppery punch similar to watercress. Simmered Daikon (Daikon Fukumeni) is just a daikon cooked in a light soy-based broth. Home » Sides » Simmered Daikon (Daikon Fukumeni).
Steps to make Daikon & Carrot Namasu:
- Slice Daikon and Carrot into 2 to 3mm thin strips. I usually use a slicer. If you cut by knife, slice them diagonally 2 to 3mm thin, then cut into 2 to 3mm strips.
- Sprinkle small amount of salt and massage, rest for a while, then drain and squeeze to remove excess salty water.
- Mix Vinegar, Sugar and Salt, add vegetables and mix well. Set aside for about ten minutes to let it well seasoned. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
- Quick Method:
- Using vegetable peeler, slice Daikon and Carrots into thin ribbons.
- Mix Vinegar, Sugar and Salt, add vegetables and mix well. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
From Japanese 大根 (daikon, “big root”). IPA(key): /ˈdaɪkɒn/. daikon (plural daikons or daikon). An East Asian cultivar or subspecies of radish (Raphanus raphanistrum subsp. sativus, syn. Daikon is a radish that also produces edible microgreens. You can grow daikon like most root vegetables, in a garden bed outdoors or in a planter or pot indoors.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food daikon & carrot namasu recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com