Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sweet yam casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sweet Yam Casserole is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sweet Yam Casserole is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
But holiday time always mean Sweet potato Casserole.this one is the closest to how my granny and mom made it. Mash yams in a large bowl and add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, and melted butter. It’s tough to make a sweet potato casserole that doesn’t “have legs” but I really like this one and it went fast.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sweet yam casserole using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Yam Casserole:
- Take 2 cans yams (40 ounce), drained
- Prepare 1 cup light brown sugar
- Get 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Take 1 stick margarine (softened)
- Get 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Get Sprinkle cinnamon powder
This recipe was great – it’s first savory sweet potato dish I’ve had and I definitely like more than the candied sweet potatoes. I would recommend a few alterations though – Omit the breadcrumbs they’re not necessary. Mash yams in a large bowl and add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, and melted butter. This sweet potato casserole pairs well with turkey or ham. (It tastes great with chicken dressing casserole too!) The saltiness of the meat paired with the sweetness of the sweet potatoes speaks directly to my soul and heals all that is wrong with the world.
Instructions to make Sweet Yam Casserole:
- In a large bowl mix together brown sugar and salt……
- Combine together in bowl with the brown sugar mixture your drained cans of yams and softened margarine…….break up any large pieces of yams……
- Pour yam mixture into a large baking pan……sprinkle mixture with cinnamon powder…….
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes…..
- After baking remove pan from oven and place bag of marshmallows over top of yams…..
- Place back into oven and continue to bake until marshmallows are golden brown…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!
This Easy Sweet Potato Casserole has a creamy filling made with canned sweet potatoes and is topped with a brown sugar streusel topping. Sweet potato casserole is a must-have, must-make side dish for me at the holidays. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes. For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. This easy Sweet Potato Casserole topped with pecans and marshmallows is a traditional side at our family Thanksgiving table.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sweet yam casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com