Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, delicious chicken katsu curry 🇯🇵. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have delicious chicken katsu curry 🇯🇵 using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵:
- Prepare Sauce
- Prepare 3 small onions
- Take 4 garlic cloves
- Get 3 medium carrots
- Make ready 2 TSP curry powder (here is up to you how spicy it will be)
- Get 2 TBSP plain flour
- Get 500 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock for the veggie version
- Take 1 TBSP honey
- Get 2 TBSP soy sauce
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Make ready 1 TSP garam masala
- Get 2 TBSP sunflower oil for simmering
- Make ready Breaded chicken or aubergine (suggested vegetable)
- Take 4 chicken breasts filleted or 3 aubergines, peeled and filleted
- Take 1 garlic clove crushed
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Take 1 beaten egg or 2
- Prepare 100 g breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- Take sunflower oil for frying
Instructions to make Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵:
- In a food processor, make the onions into a pure, set aside. Do the same to the garlic and carrots. If you don’t have a food processor, cut them as small as possible. (Some traditional recipes will leave it into chunks and also have potatoes to thicken it.)
- In a pan, add the oil and bring it to almost boiling point, fry the onions first. Once they have cooked, move it to a corner, put it in low heat and fry the garlic. Mix it with the onions and leave it in the corner again, them cook the carrots.
- Mix it all together now, then add the flour and curry powder. Have your stock ready and boiling.
- Make it into a paste, blending together until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Slowly, add the stock while mixing, make sure you mix it vigorously so there is no lumps left. You can add the remaining stock once you feel it won’t create any lumps.
- Now add the honey and the soy sauce, stir it well.
- If you want extra smooth, you can use a blender while still on the hob. Add the bay leaf and stir. Put the lid on and leave it to cook for about 10 minutes in low heat.
- Start preparing the breaded chicken / breaded aubergines. Season it with salt and garlic. You will need 3 plates, one for the flour, one for the egg and one for the breadcrumbs.
- First, on the flour, all around, then straight into the egg and last is the breadcrumbs. Make sure it is covered all around. Press it down so the crumbs stick to it evenly.
- Go back to your sauce and add the garam masala, stir it well and check if the thickness is to your taste. It has to be creamy. Put the lid back on and start frying your chicken.
- In a frying pan, add oil enough to cover just bellow half the thickness of the chicken or aubergine. Check the temperature by dusting it with some of the crumbs. Once the oil is ready, fry the pieces on one side then turn them over once they are golden brown.
- Switch off the sauce and remove the bay leaf. Serve with rice. Enjoy!!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food delicious chicken katsu curry 🇯🇵 recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com