Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, oyako-don (chicken and egg rice bowl). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Oyakodon is cooked in one pan where onions, chicken, and egg are simmered in an umami-rich dashi-based sauce. It is then poured over a bowl of fluffy steamed rice. Japanese comfort food, Oyakodon is chicken meat and beaten eggs, simmered in a sweet and savory stock, and eaten over cooked rice in a bowl.
Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl) is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook oyako-don (chicken and egg rice bowl) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl):
- Take 5 oz water
- Make ready 4-5 pieces sliced, dried shiitake mushrooms
- Get 1 Tbsp light-colored soy sauce
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Mirin
- Get 2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 1/3 tsp salt
- Take 5 and 1/4 oz Chicken thigh meat
- Get 1/2 onion
- Prepare 2 eggs
- Make ready MITSUBA if you want
- Prepare 2 cups steamed rice
Oyako literally means parents and children in Japanese and is a reference to two of the dish’s main ingredients: chicken and egg. A big bowl of rice topped with chicken, onion and egg cooked in sweet soy flavor sauce. Quick and easy dish and quite filling. Oyako-don is a quick and easy dish that is low cost and filling.
Steps to make Oyako-don (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl):
- Soak dried mushroom in water.
- Add soy sauce, mirin, sugar and salt.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Slice the onion.
- Put the soy sauce mixture in a pot or a skillet and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Put the chicken and onion in a skillet or a pot and cover with a lid. Let simmer till cooked.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, and pour over the chicken and onion. Cook an additional 10 sec. Remove from heat and cover the skillet/ the pot until egg is steamed.
- Ta-da!!! Serve over cooked rice.
Perfect for the working mum with young growing kids. I was exactly like that many years ago. Our oyakodon recipe provides step-by-step instructions on how to prepare a perfect Japanese style chicken and egg donburi rice bowl. Oyakodon is a one-bowl meal consisting of a bed of rice topped with chicken and egg (hence the name ‘oyako’, meaning ‘parent and child’) and seasoned. Add the onion and chicken to the stock.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food oyako-don (chicken and egg rice bowl) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com