Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken katsu curry. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Katsu Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken Katsu Curry is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com’s katsu curry recipe. With the likes of Gizzi Erskine sharing their take on the famous Wagamama katsu chicken curry recipe, it’s really taken off over the.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken katsu curry using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Get 4 Chicken Katsu (Fried Chicken Cutlet)
- Get 4 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
- Get 1 Onion
- Prepare 1 Carrot
- Get 1 clove Garlic
- Take 1 small piece Ginger
- Prepare 2 tablespoons Oil
- Get 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- Take 3 tablespoons Plain Flour
- Take 550 ml Chicken Stock
- Make ready 1-2 tablespoons Mango Chutney
- Get Salt & Pepper
- Get *Note: You can replace Curry Powder and Flour with 90 to 100g Japanese Curry Roux blocks. If you use Curry Roux blocks, use Water instead of Chicken Stock
Not a big fan of pork or chicken? You can also enjoy Katsu Curry with shrimp or fish (See below). With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. There used to be a Wagamama’s restaurant in Zurich which we really enjoyed visiting, often to satisfy my cravings for ramen, but mostly because they had a great kids’ menu and a.
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Finely chop up Onion, Carrot, Garlic and Ginger.
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan and cook vegetables. When vegetables are softened and slightly caramelised, add Curry Powder and Flour, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add Chicken Stock and Mango Chutney, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring regularly, until the mixture thickens. Season with Salt & Pepper to suit your taste.
- *Alternatively you can use Japanese Curry Roux blocks instead of Curry Powder and Flour. If you use Curry Roux blocks, use Water instead of Chicken Stock, OR Unsalted Chicken Stock.
- Cut Chicken Katsu (Chicken Cutlet) into bite size. Place Freshly Cooked Rice on a plate, then Chicken Katsu and Curry Sauce.
This is my version of the delicious Japanese katsu curry that they serve at Wagamama. This popular Japanese chicken katsu curry is easy to make for a low-cost midweek meal. You can prepare the curry sauce in advance, and the strips of chicken are quick to coat and fry up into hot. One thing that makes chicken katsu curry different to other curries is the breaded and deep fried chicken. Another must when making chicken katsu curry is to ensure the sauce is super smooth.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken katsu curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com