Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, velveting meat / xo beef. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Velveting Meat / XO Beef is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Velveting Meat / XO Beef is something which I have loved my whole life.
How to tenderise beef (velveting beef). What tenderised beef tastes like – Tenderised beef has a “velvety” texture. The fibres are softened so you get less “meaty” texture, which is why I only use this technique to tenderise strips of meat and not cubes or steaks.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook velveting meat / xo beef using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Velveting Meat / XO Beef:
- Make ready For Velveting the meat:
- Prepare 400 g- Beef Any cut will do even cheap ones, as velveting with make even the toughest cuts soft, although saying that, I’m using sirloin awks
- Make ready 2 tbsp- Corn Starch/ Fine White Cornflour, this is the real star that will soften the meat
- Take 2 tbsp- Chinese Cooking Wine, this will help add flavour and help the cornflour stick to the beef, also it’ll probably help the meat tenderize too but I’m not too sure
- Get For The Stirfry:
- Make ready 2 tbsp- XO Sauce, this is the real MVP of the show packed with so much umami you don’t know what to do
- Take 4 – cloves Garlic
- Prepare 1 – Thumb of Ginger
- Make ready The Velvet Beef
- Take 2 – Red Peppers
- Take 1 Onion
- Get 1 Handful Mangetout
- Get 2 tsp- Cooking Oil
- Get 3 – Large Mushrooms
The process of velveting is one where you marinate raw meat to tenderise it in cornstarch and egg white or bicarb to give it a soft, velvety texture. For years I watched my mother “velvet” beef and chicken neither of us knowing. Velveting beef is a super easy technique that will make ALL the difference is ALL of your stir-fry dishes! “[Velveting] involves marinating the meat in egg whites, cornstarch, water or rice wine, and salt….during which time the mixture forms a gossamer-thin coating on the meat and the alkaline egg. Velveting meat—the practice of marinating slices of meat in egg white, wine, and cornstarch—is a Chinese cooking technique that we’ve covered here on Serious Eats before.
Instructions to make Velveting Meat / XO Beef:
- Firstly we can start by thinly slicing the beef.
- In a bowl add the beef and equal parts cooking wine and cornflour 2tbsp should be adequate, then mix together ensuring beef is coated.
- Set the mixture aside for 30mins minimum and that’s half the velveting done. Now we can concentrate on prepping the stir fry.
- Finely chop the ginger there’s no need to peel it, I’ve never peeled ginger, also crush and chop the garlic and put them into the same bowl.
- Chop the peppers, onions and mushrooms then put it into a bowl with the mangetout whole and prep is done.
- Now to finish velveting the meat. After the meat has sat for 30 minutes, bring a pan of water to boiling point then add the beef and bring to boil again for 3-5 mins, then drain and we’re ready for stir fry! Also, you could fry the meat in 2 inches of oil it works the same but that’s fat.
- Get a fresh frying pan and bring it to a high heat then add the oil.
- When the pan is smoking hot add the garlic and ginger then mix.
- Before ginger and garlic start browning, add all the veggies and start stir-frying this is going to happen quickly because the pan is going to be very very hot.
- Once the veggies start softening a lil add the beef and stirfry!
- Now add 2 tbsp of XO and mix that baby in then take in those smells. If it seems a lil dry add some water then fry until a thick sauce is formed then you’re done. Enjoy with a bowl of rice of something.
Typically, after the meat is marinated, it is quickly blanched in a bath of hot oil and then drained, at which point it’s ready to be. Velveting is a Chinese cooking technique commonly used in stir-frying. Meat or seafood are marinated in a mixture of egg white, cornstarch and rice wine, and then briefly blanched in oil or water before finishing off in the stir-fry process with other ingredients. See more ideas about Velveting meat, Velvet chicken, Asian cooking. The Chinese technique of velveting meat is an oft-used yet underappreciated one.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food velveting meat / xo beef recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com