Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, basic cheese fondue. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Basic Cheese Fondue is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Basic Cheese Fondue is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Visit Our Website For Delectable Recipes, Now! Made with the best cheese and served with pickled onions and cornichons, it simply doesn’t get better! Shake it off, and follow this easy, how-to-make cheese fondue recipe to add one more party skill to your already impressive repertoire.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook basic cheese fondue using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Cheese Fondue:
- Make ready 1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
- Take 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- Prepare 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Get 2 tbsp kirsch
- Make ready 1/2 lbs Emmental cheese, coarsely grated
- Make ready 1/2 lbs Gruyère, coarsely grated
- Make ready Grated nutmeg
- Get Italian or French bread cut into cubes. Stale is best
What to Dip in Cheese Fondue. Whether you serve this Basic Cheese Fondue as an appetizer or meal, try one or more of these dipping ingredients: French Bread (or try rye, sourdough, ciabatta, focaccia, bagels, pita) bread sticks; homemade croutons; cooked, cubed meat – (chicken, turkey, steak, ham, shrimp) cooked sausages – bratwurst, etc. This Easy Cheese Fondue recipe has a little twist to the classic cheese appetizer. It is made with both swiss and cheddar cheese and without any wine.
Instructions to make Basic Cheese Fondue:
- Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic.
- Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly until cheese is just melted and creamy. Add cheese slowly until each addition is melted.
- Stir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup and stir into cheese.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add nutmeg if desired and stir in.
- Transfer to fondue pot set over a low heat.
- Serve with cubed, slightly stale or dried out Italion Bread.
This is the best cheese fondue to make and take to any potluck and great for any occasion. This easy fondue recipe uses the Swiss cheese and Gruyere cheese as bases, but for a different flavor profile, feel free to add blue cheese or another soft melt-able cheese and make a signature dip all your own! Make-ahead for a grab-and-go potluck or party! Feel free to improvise and add a few touches of your own to this easy cheese fondue recipe. Mix the vinegar with the cornflour and place in a heatproof bowl with the cheeses.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food basic cheese fondue recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com