Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, baked french toast sticks (freezer-friendly). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To freeze the French toast sticks for quick reheating, bake them as directed then cool completely and package in a sealable plastic bag. All you need to do is follow the instructions below. Frozen french toast lasts one to two months in the freezer if stored properly.
Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook baked french toast sticks (freezer-friendly) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly):
- Take 8 slices thick-cut Texas toast bread
- Take 3 large eggs
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Take 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Get 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Prepare 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Prepare Cooking spray
- Get Maple syrup, for serving
To freeze: Let French Toast Sticks cool then place onto a baking sheet and freeze in the freezer. NOTE: To freeze, let the sticks cool slightly and transfer baking sheet to freezer. How to Freeze French Toast Sticks. Let the oven French toast sticks cool on a wire rack, then place them on a baking sheet in an even layer.
Steps to make Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease it with cooking spray.
- Cut each slice of bread into three sticks widthwise.
- In a large shallow dish or bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Dip each stick of bread in the egg mixture, coating it on all sides, then shake off the excess and arrange it on the baking sheet. Repeat the dipping process, arranging the French toast sticks on the baking sheet so that they aren’t touching.
- Bake the French toast sticks for 12 minutes then flip them once, spray them lightly with cooking spray and return them to the oven for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the French toast sticks from the oven and serve warm with maple syrup.
- To freeze the French toast sticks for quick reheating, bake them as directed then cool completely and package in a sealable plastic bag. To reheat, remove frozen French toast sticks from the freezer and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until warmed through. (I did some in sandwich bags then the ziplock bag, that way I can just pull one or two bags out, or the kids can just grab them)
- This was frozen for 3-4 days before I used any… this worked out great, now the kids can grab and go lol and make their own….
Freeze the French toast sticks and transfer them to a freezer bag once firm enough. Top with butter, drizzle with warm pancake syrup, and sprinkle with blueberries. Stack and slice the Texas toast into thirds. Warm sauce in microwave, stirring often. Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) instructions.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food baked french toast sticks (freezer-friendly) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com