Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, nimono (煮物), traditional japanese root vegetable dish. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have nimono (煮物), traditional japanese root vegetable dish using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish:
- Make ready Meat (choose one)
- Take Chicken thigh, thinly sliced
- Take Pork chop, thinly sliced
- Take No meat is fine too!
- Get Vegetables
- Make ready 2 carrots
- Make ready 4 potatoes
- Take 1 ft stick burdock root (optional but would be nice to have)
- Make ready 8 shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- Take 100 g lotus root (optional but would be nice to have)
- Get 130 g konjac (optional because it’s hard to find outside of Japan!)
- Take Soup (but it’s not a soup)
- Make ready 1-2 cups water
- Get 1/4 cup sake
- Take 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp salt
- Take 5 tbsp sugar
- Prepare 3 tbsp hondashi powder
- Make ready 2 tbsp chicken broth powder (optional)
- Take 3 tsp mirin (optional)
Steps to make Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish:
- Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces. The potatoes are okay being a tiny bit bigger than the rest of the vegetables.
- Cut meat into thin bite size slices. Grab a large pot that will fit everything in. In that pot, on medium heat and with a little bit of oil, cook the sliced meat.
- Once the meat is cooked, throw all of the vegetables and water into the pot. Rise the heat to high.
- We don’t need that much water because we aren’t boiling the vegetables, we will be simmering/steaming them. In the hot water, add in all the seasonings like soy sauce, sugar, sake, etc.
- Give the pot a toss to mix everything evenly. Then, close the lid keep the heat on high. The vegetables are only simmering on the bottom where it is in contact with the liquid, so use something like a large wooden spoon to mix everything around, but not too vigorously or else the vegetables will begin to crumble and break.
- After some time, the vegetables will absorb the liquid and a lot of it will also be evaporated. When you notice that the liquid is getting low, add about half a cup of water again, to continue simmering the dish.
- Once all the vegetables are super soft (potatoes get sliced by a wooden spoon with ease), the dish is ready!
- Serve, and enjoy.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food nimono (煮物), traditional japanese root vegetable dish recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com