Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, buttermilk fried chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Buttermilk fried chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Buttermilk fried chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Get Fried Chicken, groceries & more delivered to your door. Convenient delivery when you want it. Get groceries, electronics, toys & more delivered.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook buttermilk fried chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk fried chicken:
- Get 1 fryer chicken, cut up
- Get 1 oil, for frying
- Take buttermilk marinade
- Get 1/2 gallon buttermilk
- Prepare 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Get 2 tsp hot sauce
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 tsp pepper
- Get flour dredge
- Make ready 2 cup flour
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp pepper
- Take 1 tsp paprika
- Take 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Get 1/2 tsp onion powder
Put the chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture and coat completely. How to Make Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Prepare the chicken: If you prefer, you can wash your chicken pieces. Pat the pieces with paper towel to make sure they’re dry.
Instructions to make Buttermilk fried chicken:
- Place all marinade ingredients in a plastic zip top bag and squish to combine.
- Add chicken to buttermilk mixture and place on countertop for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Place about 2″ oil in large shallow pan and preheat over medium high to 350°. (Oil should be hot but not screaming hot.)
- Place all flour dredge ingredients in large paper bag. Add chicken pieces, fold top of bag over to close, and shake well. -or- mix dredge ingredients on a plate and turn chicken on plate to coat.
- When oil is hot, place thighs in oil, skin side down. Wait 1 minute then add the breasts, skin side down. Wait 2 minutes then add the legs. Wait 2 minutes then add the wings, if there is room in the pan. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Try to maintain oil temp of 350°.
- Cook chicken until golden brown on the first side, then turn, about 9 minutes after adding the wings. Cook on the other side until golden, about 10 minutes. Check chicken for doneness… meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat should read 165°.
- Remove chicken and drain on another large paper bag. Serve immediately.
Prepare the buttermilk and flour: In a large bowl mix the buttermilk, eggs, paprika, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Once everything is smooth, whisk in the baking powder and baking soda. Cover and marinate for at least an hour and up to a day. Marinating the chicken in buttermilk makes the meat moist and flavorful. Chicken breasts cook faster than other parts, so fry them separately in the last batch.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food buttermilk fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com