Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, not your average sloppy joe. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Not your average Sloppy Joe is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Not your average Sloppy Joe is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have not your average sloppy joe using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Not your average Sloppy Joe:
- Take 1 lb ground turkey
- Get 1 onion chopped
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic minced
- Get 1 jalapeño pepper chopped
- Make ready 1 red bell pepper chopped
- Take 1 small zucchini chopped
- Take 1 carrot chopped
- Get 1 tsp grated ginger
- Get Sliced mushrooms
- Make ready 8 oz tomato sauce
- Get 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Get 1 tsp mustard
- Make ready 1 TBSP brown sugar
- Take 1 TBSP ketchup
Instructions to make Not your average Sloppy Joe:
- Sauté onion, garlic in 1 TBSP olive oil
- Brown turkey with the onion and garlic
- Add carrot, peppers and ginger to the pan
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and stir until softened
- In a mixing bowl whisk remaining ingredients to create the sauce
- Pour sauce into pan and stir. Allow mixture to bubble and thicken. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve on toasted whole grain bread ( I used whole grain flat bread) – For an low carb version, serve in lettuce wraps.
- Baked parsnip “fries” (pictured) make a great side.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food not your average sloppy joe recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com