Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, ham & potato casserole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Find Deals on Ham In Can in Meats on Amazon. Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale & More Fillable Forms, Register and Subscribe Now! The ham, peas, and optional hot sauce add some pizzazz to classic mac and cheese.
Ham & Potato Casserole is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Ham & Potato Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ham & potato casserole using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham & Potato Casserole:
- Prepare 2 Cups Ham
- Take 3 Russet Potatoes
- Take 1 onion
- Prepare 1 Tomato
- Take 1/3 Cup Flour
- Take 5 Tbs Butter
- Make ready 2 Cups Milk
- Make ready 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- Make ready Garlic
- Take Black Pepper
- Make ready Seasoned Salt
- Make ready Onion Powder
- Prepare Garlic Powder
- Make ready Italian Seasonings
- Take Green Onion
- Prepare Bread Crumbs (Optional)
Find delicious ham recipes, as well as cooking tips and techniques, from Ina, Ree and more of your favorite Food Network chefs. Ham definition, a cut of meat from the heavy-muscled part of a hog’s rear quarter, between hip and hock, usually cured. Define ham. ham synonyms, ham pronunciation, ham translation, English dictionary definition of ham. Pot pie isn’t just for chicken.
Instructions to make Ham & Potato Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Get your ingredients ready and keep them on standby. I chose to grate my potatoes. I recommend trying to do that when you’re about to begin to minimize the browning effect. (Be mindful of your knuckles).
- Get the onions, garlic, and potatoes in a hot pan with a little oil. Season them. You don’t have to cook it too long. You’re really trying to get the remaining liquid out of the potatoes. While you’re doing that, get the roux started with the flour and butter. It would be a good idea to warm your milk at this time as well.
- When the roux starts looking pretty, add in the milk while stirring. Season it and add a little more than half the cheese. Then add the ham in with the potatoes. It’s already cooked, you’re bringing it up to temp and letting your seasonings get on it. Add the tomatoes last to prevent overcooking. Turn it off
- Move the mix to a baking pan, add the roux evenly over the top. Add the remaining cheese on top. Bake 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned to your liking.
- Top with toasted bread crumbs and green onions. Allow to cool about ten minutes to set up a bit. (Unlike I did, haha).
This recipe using leftover ham has all of the familiar pot pie ingredients and flavors but takes full advantage of that extra ham from the holidays. A mixture of vegetables, including carrots, are combined with the ham and a white sauce and baked in a puff pastry until golden brown. Serve with a honey mustard sauce or any variety of chutneys. Baked ham is the perfect dish for a special occasion or Sunday dinner. Try these exceptional baked ham recipes from Food Network chefs like Ina Garten, Trisha Yearwood and Melissa d’Arabian.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ham & potato casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com