Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, my buttermilk pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mail order treats to your door, nationwide. Find Deals on Buttermilk Pie in Groceries on Amazon. The flavor and texture are right on.
My Buttermilk Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. My Buttermilk Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook my buttermilk pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make My Buttermilk Pie:
- Make ready 1 (9 Inch) pie shell( This actually made 2. Unless your doing a deep dish
- Prepare 2 large eggs
- Take 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Prepare 1 cup White granulated sugar
- Make ready 4 tbsp Flour
- Prepare 1 stick Butter
- Get 1 tsp Vanilla extract- real not imitation
- Prepare 1 Cinnamon or nutmeg or both
- Get 1 Next time I will make my own homemade pie crusts
Add remaining ingredients and whisk until all are fully incorporated. Buttermilk Pie, Shoofly Pie, and Chess Pie are all considered Desperation Pies, and they were (and still are) very inexpensive and simple pies to make. While fresh fruit was scarce, access to eggs, sugar, and buttermilk was more common. I didn’t expect the simple ingredients to make a wonderful pie that was delicious the day it was made and just as delicious two.
Instructions to make My Buttermilk Pie:
- First let the pie shells defrost for about 15 min, poke holes circling around bottom of crust with fork. Then pre-bake @ 400 the pie crusts for about 5 min or so on baking sheet.
- Also make sure you use the pie thingies/aluminum foil to protect your pie shells. During the pre-bake, and also the actual baking of it so it don’t burn.**
- Mix everything together, and then pour in pie shells. (I also put a little cinnamon in the mix) you don’t have too, or you can use cinnamon and nutmeg in the mix, and also I sprinkle both on top. (But I use the cinnamon sugar and nutmeg on top of the pie) Also you can microwave the filling mix for a few min, or just leave as is from the mixer.
- I put them back on baking sheet, and bake it at 400 for about 15 min, and then turn it down to about 350. Cook for about 20-25 min. Once done…let cool for awhile, to thicken up. These truly are better and set the next day. Put in fridge for best taste.
Chess pie typically includes either vinegar or cornmeal in the filling, often both, while custard pie skips the buttermilk altogether and often opts for a dash of nutmeg. In contrast, buttermilk pie gets its signature tangy flavor from buttermilk, a splash of lemon juice, and a hint of vanilla. Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Pie is a classic, traditional southern pie. It’s simple and made from regular ingredients, but it tastes so good. Buttermilk Pie is creamy, sweet heaven.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food my buttermilk pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com