Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, saudi chicken kabsa. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Saudi Chicken Kabsa is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Saudi Chicken Kabsa is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have saudi chicken kabsa using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Saudi Chicken Kabsa:
- Get 500 grams chicken
- Make ready 300 grams basmati rice
- Get 2 onions sliced
- Prepare 2 tomato(puree)
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Get 4 cardamom
- Prepare 6 cloves
- Get 1 dry lemon
- Make ready 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- Make ready 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Get 1 tsp lemon zest
- Prepare 1 tsp pepper powder
- Take 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Take 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp clove powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Take 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Take 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 1 tbsp grated carrot
- Take 3 tbsp butter
- Make ready 2 tbsp oil
- Prepare 2 tbsp almond(peeled)
- Get 2 tbsp cashew
- Make ready To taste Salt
Steps to make Saudi Chicken Kabsa:
- Soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter and pour oil in a kadai,add bay leaves,cardamom, cinnamon sticks,cloves,dry lemon and onions.
- Once the onion turns golden brown, add chopped ginger and garlic (don’t add paste)salt,lemon zest and chicken pieces. Close and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, cloves powder and nutmeg powder.
- Add tomato puree and grated carrot,saute and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the chicken from kadhai and shift to baking tray to grill
- Now add soaked rice and water (1:2 ratio)
- Close and cook till the rice is completely cooked.
- Meanwhile grill in 200 degree C for 30 minutes and toss in butter.
- Heat a piece of charcoal chunks in heat and place it in a small bowl and pour oil,once it started emitting flame keep the bowl in grilled chicken bowl and close for 5 minutes to get the smokey flavour.
- Finally keep the chicken on top of rice kadhai.
- Keep the kadhai on top of a tawa to dum for 15 minutes.
- Fry the almonds and cashews in ghee.
- Saudi chicken kabsa(national dish of Saudi Arabia)is ready,garnish with fried nuts and serve.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food saudi chicken kabsa recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com