Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pita bread. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pita Bread is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air. Pita bread (also known as Arabic bread and Syrian bread) is a yeast-leavened flatbread common in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. It can be made with or without an interior pocket.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pita bread using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pita Bread:
- Get 3 cup Ap flour
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp Sugar or honey
- Make ready 2 tsp Yeast or 1 packet
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup Luke warm water (may not need all of it)
- Prepare 2 tbsp Oil (1/2 to rub on dough ball)
It includes the widely known version with an interior pocket, also known as Arabic bread, Syrian bread, and other names, as well as pocketless versions such as the Greek pita, used to wrap souvlaki. The Western name pita may sometimes be used to refer to various other types of flatbreads that have different names in their local languages, such as Baked pita bread is best enjoyed fresh and hot-out-of the oven. Good news is, pita bread will store well for a few days in an air-tight bag. Warm it up in your oven or toaster oven or even over open flame.
Instructions to make Pita Bread:
- Gather your mise en place. – You will need all ingredients above 2 mixing bowls, plastic wrap, rolling pin and clean work surface…
- Add flour, salt, sugar, yeast and 1/2 the oil into your mixing bowl. – If you have fresh active yeast you wanna put the yeast water and sugar into a separate container for 20 mins and let it bubble up before adding to flour
- Start adding water and mixing till you have a ball of dough
- Remove from bowl and lay on clean floured surface and start kneading till you have a smooth ball. About 10 mins – Not too much flour but add little by little as needed
- Rub oil on other mixing bowl and all over dough ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to double in size. About 30 mins to an hour depending on surrounding temperature
- Once doubled in size remove from bowl and place on clean in floured surface and, press down all over on dough with all fingers to redistribute the gas bubbles, called punching, then portion out 8 balls and you could wrap in plastic and freeze for later date or roll out on floured surface to about 1/4 to a 1/3 of an inch thick
- Bake in oven at 350 for about 15 mins or until it puffs up . Or grill for about 2 maybe 3 mins on each side until puffed up.
You can freeze pita bread for later use! With a wooden spoon or a pair of chopsticks, stir until mixture forms a shaggy mass. Cover the disks as you roll them out, but do not stack them up. Pita bread is a mid-eastern bread prepared using whole wheat flour baked by creating an air pocket in the middle. Once the bread cools down, it flattens but the pocket remains there.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com