Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta
#mycookbook. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi is so quick and easy! Serve as an appetizer/light meal OR for dinner with pasta! Keep it low carb and serve it over zucchini noodles or with steamed cauliflower!
Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta
#mycookbook is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta
#mycookbook is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta
#mycookbook using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta
- Take 1 and a half lbs angel hair pasta (will need two boxes, use one and a half boxes)
- Make ready 16 oz bag of spinach
- Get 12 oz small shrimp, (bag) raw peeled,deveined,tail off, frozen
- Prepare 2 containers sliced mushrooms
- Prepare 2 medium white sweet onions
- Make ready 1 bottle white wine (use half the bottle) any white wine will work
- Get 2 tablespoon butter
- Prepare 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Prepare 2 tablespoon or more minced garlic (I used 4 -5 tablespoon)
- Take 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- Take 2 tablespoon oregano
- Get 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- Make ready 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make ready Parmesan cheese
- Make ready Garlic bread optional
To create a luscious texture, cold pieces of butter are gently whisked into the sauce. Serve the shrimp with angel hair pasta or crusty bread for a simple yet impressive dinner. An elegant meal can be prepared in a snap when crustaceans are on the menu. Drain, save some pasta water and set aside.
Steps to make Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta
- Cook pasta to till done, drain and cool off pasta by running water over it In a colander drain and set in refrigerator or can leave in sink,in the I colander,(if leaving In colander in the sink add some water from time to time so it don’t stick together) I left it in the colander in the sink.
- Cut onions set aside when pasta is cooking
- In big frying pan add Olive oil,butter and all spices, on medium heat mix up
- Add the onions after Olive oil heats up mix to coat all onions
- Add mushrooms 5 mins after the onions mix to coat mushrooms and onions
- Add the frozen shrimp (mix to coat)5-7 mins after the mushrooms can put a lid on to help it cook faster mixing in between
- After shrimp turns a light pink (don’t cook the shrimp all the way)add half the spinach,put lid on till it cooks down some till you can add the rest of the spinach,mix some in between. after all the spinach is in and cooked down, add a half a bottle of white wine mix well and put the lid on
- Cook wine out…. wine will turn a light yellow and is no longer a milky white…. taste and mix occasionally if needs more spices add at this time. (if making garlic bread at this point will be a good time to start baking it) after wine is cooked out,turn off heat
- Add the pasta, try to mix in the pan or place it all together in a big bowl (make sure that the pasta is not sticking together when adding to the wine sauce, if it’s sticking run it under cold water and mix with hands, drain well you don’t want water in the wine sauce)
- Make plates immediately and top with cheese on the outside of the pasta and a pinch over the pasta, don’t over power it with the cheese. (spoon on some sauce to each plate if you like, goes really good with garlic bread / I like to soak up the wine sauce with my bread) I highly recommend garlic bread, Italian bread,or baguette bread toasted or not toasted (a cheesy bread or cheesy garlic bread I think will over power this dish and I don’t recommend that.)
- Notes- the garlic is the heart of the dish., the more the better. You can take the shrimp out or can substituted it for Scallops. I know the ingredients looks like a lot especially the bag of spinach but that cooks down and fast, can also substitute that with kale. Can also add slices of tomato’s, just add the tomatoes slices on top of the spinach, it will also help hold down the spinach as it cooks down.
- Everything is made to taste. And spices is an estimate in this recipe I don’t really Measure
- I had leftovers (good for a few days) makes for a good lunch too
- This makes a lot it fills up one of my biggest bowls.
Add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high. Whisk in the butter, add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water and return the shrimp. Making the Butter Sauce and the Angel Hair Pasta. Add a big hunk of butter to the skillet along with the sliced garlic (which won’t burn as easily as the minced) and some red pepper flakes! Let that cook for a minute or two and then hit it with some white wine and lemon juice!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta
#mycookbook recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com