Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, moroccan pita bread. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
While Middle Eastern pita bread is baked in the oven, the Moroccan equivalent, batbout, is cooked stove top in a skillet or on a griddle. Also known as mkhamer or toghrift or matlou’. Home » Food » Moroccan Recipes » Moroccan Breads » Batbout – Moroccan Pita Bread Recipe.
Moroccan pita bread is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Moroccan pita bread is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook moroccan pita bread using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Moroccan pita bread:
- Take 1 cup all purpose flour
- Make ready 1/2 cup semolina
- Take 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 tbsp sugar
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 tbsp dry yeast
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot! This stovetop bread is the Moroccan equivalent of pita bread. It is easy to make and great to stuff for sandwiches or eating with your favorite dips. Moroccan Pita Flatbreads. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Steps to make Moroccan pita bread:
- Mix the yeast with a teaspoon of the sugar in a little warm water, keep aside until foamy.
- Combine the flour remaining sugar, salt, oil, water and yeast mixture and mix to form a soft manageable dough.
- Knead the dough lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. If it’s too sticky add a little flour tbls at a time.Now the dough is smooth.
- Now divide the dough into 5 equal pieces and shape into balls. Cover the dough balls and rest for 1 to 2 hours.
- The balls is double in size. Now roll each ball with hand or rolling pin. Roll the dough into a medium thin layer. Place rolled balls to a tray and cover for 1/2 hour.
- Now heat up a pan to medium high heat and place a pita bread on the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the process until don’t have any dough left. Serve with anything you want. Cut the pita bread and fill Mayonnaise, salad, cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and sprinkle salt. Now is ready to serve.
- It’s a great sandwich bread.
Moroccan pita bread stacked on rack – Christine Benlafquih. Batbout (also called mkhamer, toghrift and matlou) is a Moroccan pita bread cooked stovetop. Beautifully spiced Moroccan Lamb Meatballs served with a Minted Yoghurt Sauce. If you opt out of pita bread pockets, consider these sides. Because the meatballs are heavily spiced, opt for sides with.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food moroccan pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com