Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, middle eastern roast chicken with salads and flatbreads. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Middle Eastern roast chicken with salads and flatbreads is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Middle Eastern roast chicken with salads and flatbreads is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook middle eastern roast chicken with salads and flatbreads using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Middle Eastern roast chicken with salads and flatbreads:
- Make ready 1 whole chicken (1,8kgs)
- Get 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley – chopped
- Get 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves – sliced
- Get 1 lemon
- Get 1 tbsp Zaatar (plus extra to serve)
- Take 1 tbsp sumac
- Take 4 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 70 ml white wine
- Take Salt and pepper
- Get Hummus, yogurt, fattoush salad (see other recipe) and flatbreads to serve
Steps to make Middle Eastern roast chicken with salads and flatbreads:
- Place your chicken on a board and pierce it all over with a sharp knife.
- Finely chop the herbs. Slice the garlic cloves. Slice half the lemon thinly. Mix the sumac and zaatar together.
- Slide the lemon slices under the skin with some on the herbs. Put the garlic slices and the remaining herbs into the holes pierced. Rub the spice mix and some seasoning all over the chicken and put the remaining lemon and any other herbs / spices / garlic into the chicken cavity.
- Place in a large food bag. Pour in the wine and olive oil and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of one hour but the longer the better.
- When ready to cook, Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and place your chicken in a roasting tray. Pour over all of the remaining marinating juice, cover with foil and roast in the oven for 1 hr 35 mins (you’ll need to alter this time depending on the size of your chicken).
- 20 minutes before the end, remove the foil and finish roasting.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool and then shred the chicken, sprinkling more Zaatar over the shredded chicken as you go.
- Serve with fattoush salad, flatbreads (see other recipe), hummus and pickled cabbage (see other recipe)
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food middle eastern roast chicken with salads and flatbreads recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com